Tuesday 11 September 2012

The Followup - 10 days, 10 products


(First post HERE)

Don't get me wrong, the whole 10 days, 10 products things was an awesome experiment... But OM(F)G am I glad that's over! OK so let's break it down:

What I learned
I really do have way too many cosmetics
You can pretty much get away with 10 essential makeup items
Lip colours are my addiction
I'm more of a pencil liner than liquid liner gal
I feel confident going out with just BB cream, mascara and blush on

What I loved
Not having to think about what makeup I'm putting on each day
Fresh face in 2 minutes flat
Realising how much I love the Bobbi Brown BB cream
Rediscovering Maybelline's Age Rewind Eraser Concealer
Revlon Grow Luscious Plumping Mascara in Blackened Brown

What I hated
Not being able to coordinate lip and cheek colour with my outfit
Not having a bronzer
I had to use the same powder in the morning and take it with me in my bag, which was annoying to keep moving back and forth


Even though my 10 products included eyeliner, a cream eyeshadow and a lipstain, I found most days I skipped these steps altogether. I really learnt how much I like to coordinate the colours I use with what I wear for the day and found I'd prefer nothing than risk having it not suit the look.


What products could you not live without?




6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. And one I won't be doing again in a hurry :) I wore bright pink lipstick today to make up for it.

      Delete
  2. I bet the 10 days felt like a month! This is a good way to rediscover products though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It actually went surprisingly quickly. I think all the days just blurred because I was doing the same thing every day.

      Delete
  3. I'd love to give this a go but I don't think I could ever narrow down my 10 products.

    I couldn't live without mascara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't live without mascara either! I think it was the first makeup product I ever bought.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...