Thursday 2 August 2012

July Favourites!



Yay! So excited. Time for my first monthly favourites. These are some of my favourite articles to read and watch on YouTube. Hopefully I do it justice.

1. Dove Invisible Dry Roll-On
Haha a deoderant favourite! I got this on a beautyheaven trial and I am totally in love. It's functional, feels good and smells amazing. Love the smell. I'm bad at describing scents so I just won't. But it's great. Mmmmm smelling my pits. #weirdo

2. Alpha-H Liquid Gold Prep & Prime
I got this serum in part of a serum sampler set from adorebeauty.com.au (the sampler set is great value! If they still have it in stock...). Liquid Gold Prep & Prime is a hydrating, glycolic acid based serum you use in the morning. The instructions say to cleanse, pop on some of this watery serum and then get to it with your makeup. I'm still experimenting and I think I like using Prep & Prime and then a silicone serum before applying foundation, but I'll let you know how I get on. This serum has made my skin so soft and I haven't had a single flaky patch since I've started using it. It's been about 3 weeks so far and I'm still enjoying it. I just received delivery of the full size in my last haul. You might hear from me in a month or 2 regarding how I feel about it.

2. Australis Blush in Baby Doll
3. MAC Pro Longwear Bronzer in Nude on Board (LE: Hey, Sailor! Collection '12)

Left: Australis Baby Doll, Right: MAC Nude on Board

This has been my "go to" face colour combination for the month. I love that Australis blushes are inexpensive and they last a good 10-12 hours on my skin. They're also a steal at AU$9.95 each, less when on sale. Baby Doll is a really nice hot pink with pink and silver shimmers. The shimmers are great as they give you a sheen without it being sparkle city. MAC's Nude on Board bronzer is great for my skin tone as it leans slightly yellow (not orange) and is paler than most bronzers. It does have a fine gold shimmer that I notice in the pan, but not on my skin. I use it for some gentle contouring in the classic "3" shape on my face. I think I have used this every single day since I bought it. Loves.

4. Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey
5. Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle
Left: Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey, Right: Revlon Lip Butter in Pink Truffle

Ahhhhhh Revlon! You are just so awesome right now. I wish you weren't so expensive in Australia, but there is always eBay, or BOGO offers. I love all my Kissable Balm Stains but Honey has just had ridiculous amounts of wear this month. I love the staying power, the texture and the colours. Revlon Lip Butters have been hit and miss for me. I much prefer the shades without shimmer and if I haven't been wearing a Kissable Balm Stain this month, I've been wearing my Lip Butter in Pink Truffle. It's got a gorgeous creamy texture and such a wearable winter shade.... Am I the only one who's noticed my Lip Butters get creamy and creamier the more I use them??? I never realised how close these two colours were until I swatched them!! They both have a nice pinky brown tone. So perfect for winter.

6. Maybelline the Falsies Flared Mascara in Very Black
7. Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit
8. Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch in 01 Ivory
9. Benefit Powderflage
Products listed clockwise from top

This has been my eyes for a large portion of the month. I love the Benefit Creaseless Cream Shadow in Birthday Suit because it's quick and easy, provides a nice wash of colour and defines my eyes. The colour is a kind of golden champagne that is so easy to blend, stays all day and is truly creaseless on me. I don't find the Falsies Flared mascara that different from the original version. I like them both because they give my lashes some curl and hold it there, along with some volume and still looks reasonably natural. To keep the bags at bay I use the Maybelline Dream Lumi Touch Concealer with Powderflage to set it. It's a pretty good combination, but I bought an extra special product last week end that has really souped up this combo.... I'll keep you posted on this. I am totally loving this combination to get my eyes looking ready to face the public in 1 minute flat.

I hope you enjoyed my first favourites post!! What are your favorites for this month?




2 comments:

  1. Yay favourites! I so so so want a Revlon balm stain. And Australis blushes. And Benefit cream shadows. I really need to stop reading favourites posts hahaha!

    I use a Dove roll-on too, the Minimising one that's meant to 'minimise the prickly feeling between shaves'. Can't say I notice a difference though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have an Australis blush in rosy cheeks and I find the shimmers to be a bit too overwhelming but I do like how soft they are. Sadly they don't seem to last as long as me as they do on you :(

    Great faves post hun!
    Mine can be found on my blog: http://berrixbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...