Monday 20 August 2012

Empties #1

First off - apologies for being so slack! It has been quite a while since my last post (confession). I've had a busy time at work and have been struggling to find the time to blog. It actually takes a reasonable chunk of time, which it appear I just haven't had in the past couple of weeks!

Well I'm here to rectify that, so let's start with my first empties post. I like these posts because they actually give you an idea of what people actually use regularly enough to finish them off.

Here goes....


1. Olay foaming face wash (sensitive)
I really like this cleanser. It's reasonably gentle and is super dooper at getting off makeup. I have not found a foaming cleanser that has this good a balance of being gentle, not overdrying and removing makeup completely.

Repurchase? Not at this stage. I'm trying out some fantastic, non-foaming cleansers at the moment and I'm really liking them. I may come back for this in summer though.

2. Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Deep Wrinkle Moisture SPF 20
This is a really nice daily moisturiser with SPF. On my combination skin I find it applies smoothly and sets matte. It doesn't cause me irritation and I like that I can apply as much as I want without worry of my skin getting greasy. My one gripe with this is that I find it pills under some foundations.

Repurchase? No. I'm on the hunt for something that is compatible with my favourite foundations.

3. Clinique Moisture Surge
Love this lightweight, gel moisturiser. I've talked about this moisturiser before and praised it's moisturising abilities, while being incredibly lightweight. At this time of year I tend to use it to supplement my moisturisers but in summer I sometimes use this alone. Sooooo silky to use!

Repurchase? Yes. I stocked up on this a couple of weeks ago with the Myer GWP.

4. Garnier invisiMineral deoderant
It's deoderant. I like the deoderant and thinks it's functional. Didn't like this scent.

Repurchase? No.

5. Fairy Drops waterproof mascara
I don't remember the exact name for this mascara and everything on the tube is in Japanese! It's the one with the half-moon wand with balls on it. If that makes sense to anyone! It is a great volumising, fibre mascara that is amazingly waterproof. I really enjoy this and might try and pick this up when summer comes around again. I replaced this with a L'oreal waterproof mascara that I am not enjoying. Oh and the packaging is divine.

Repurchase? Maybe.

6. Soap and Glory Wash Your Hands of It (handwash)
I bought this hand soap in a super cute sink-side set with matching hand cream. The Soap and Glory Hand Food hand cream is one of my favorites and I love having a pump on my sink top. The matching soap smells delicious and doesn't dry my hands out. I haven't seen this sold seperately. Maybe I'll be able to find it when I go to london in October.

Repurchase? If I can find it.

7. Avene Eau Thermale
It's water in a can. I like misting myself, it's refreshing and tones down powder on my face.

Repurchase? If I see it on special.

8. Toni & Guy Firm Hold Hairspray
This is my travel hairspray because it's in such a cute little bottle. It's nothing special but there's nothing wrong with it either. It's a medium hold that isn't flaky.

Repurchase? Nuh I might get a little travel Tresemme.

9. Klorane Dry Shampoo
Do not want. It smells funky. It barely does anything. It's expensive.

Repurchase? No.

10. Neutrogena Extra Gentle Cleanser
I love this cleanser. It's super gentle and sooo nice and creamy. When my skin is dry and angry, this stuff is great. It's cheap. I love the pump. My only little niggle is my T-zone gets super oily when I use this. Ahhh the joys of combination skin. Happy face, oily nose.

Repurchase? No, because I have found something similar without the oily T-zone problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...